No products in the basket.
It’s October which means it’s International Walk To School month again! Thousands of children across the world will be walking to school to promote healthier lifestyles and helping the environment, amongst many other reasons.
6 benefits of walking to school:
- The kids get to school refreshed and ready for the day ahead
- Walking to school a few times a week not only gets your children doing more exercise, but you too!
- You will save money by not using the car as often
- You get to spend time with your children where you can talk to each other – when you’re driving you can’t focus your attention on your children properly
- You won’t get stuck in traffic
- Walking is much less stressful than trying to find a parking space near the school!
For many parents leaving the car at home and walking to school isn’t as easy as it sounds. Some parents have to drive their children to school as they’ll head on to the office after the school run. If you don’t have the time to walk the whole way to school maybe you could park 10 minutes away (or get off the bus a couple of stops earlier) and just walk the last part of the journey.
Walking to school can be a lot of fun, there are lots of activities and games you can enjoy on your walk.
How to have fun on the walk to school:
- Play I Spy
- Splash in puddles
- Take your scooters
- Collect Autumn leaves
- Walk with friends
If you want to get other parents and friends involved you may want to look into setting up a Walking Bus.
Is your children’s school promoting International Walk To School month? Will you be getting involved?